Approximately 301 houses found new owners!
Since 2012 I have been analysing our local property market to enable me to give accurate valuations and to best serve my buyers and sellers. The interpretations below are estimates and based on the registration of erven properties at the Deeds Office. They do not include sectional title transfers and also do not distinguish between residential and commercial properties, although I do believe that the majority of these registrations account for vacant stands and houses.
Oudtshoorn property registrations from 1 January to 30 September 2017:
- In this period roughly 59 properties registered between R100 000 and R199 000, representing 20% of the market.
- The price range R200 000 to R399 000 reflected 16% with 47 registrations.
- Houses in the R400 000 to R599 000 bracket equated to 37 registrations and 12% market share.
- The R600 000 to R799 000 price range and the R800 000 to R999 000 tied at 14% with 42 and 43 registrations each.
- The 20 registrations in the price range R1 million to R1,2 million comprised 7% of the market.
- A total of 53 properties (17%) sold for prices exceeding R1,2 million.
- 31 (10% of total sales) properties registered between R1,2 and R1,5 million
- 12 (4%) registered between R1,5 and R2 million
- 7 (2%) registered between R2 and R3 million and
- 3 (1%) property registered for more than R3 million
Price range comparisons for 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012:
Oudtshoorn’s property market is vibrant and growing!Share this on WhatsApp